Sunday, July 15, 2012

SHE VANISHED















I sat on the stool mulling
Lost in pensivity, mouth drooling
Pages in my mind began to flap
A panoramic review that rushed like a tap
I was lost in this stream of unconsciousness
And she flashed through my mind in all her sumptuousness
She was like lightning in a dreary dark night
She was sparkling like a shimmering white light
Her page stood still as my mind began to read
She was a bloomy belle, a sacred seed

She was young, naive and eager for love
With milky skin and gut-wrenching curves
She blazed in the sun like South African diamond
She’d got eyes like alluring almonds
I stood transfixed on this exquisite creature
At that point, I must say, I loved nature
She turned and stared at me with frightened eyes
Why the fear? I pondered. But there wasn’t time for WHYs
I trudged forward, my eyes beckoning appealingly
Her lips parted like she would smile and come willingly

She turned sharply and began to walk fast away
Uhh! What irony. I followed, oblivious of what to say
In my whole being, the glimmer of fear shone
I could not fathom loosing the particles of my bones
She was the subject of my frantic fantasy
She was an object that could offer me endless ecstasy
No! I wouldn’t let her go. “Hi!” I screamed aloud
I got no response; she vanished into the crowd.

1 comment:

  1. I believe that was her first appreciation from someone so strange to her,i love the write up.

    ReplyDelete