Monday, July 9, 2012

THE GIRL FROM MY VILLAGE















The girl from my village
An angel about my age
With whom i wished to start a new page
And serve without wage
O, even in a cage
With her, there's no rage
She was ravishingly beautiful and titillating
With catwalk that made me never want to blink
A real cynosure
An epitome of beauty and nature
She carried a calabash on her head
That lay well as if that were its bed
She was dark and modest
With wrapper tied above her breast
Like the girls in drama
She was the whole enchilada

I walked up to her in a jiffy
Snatched the calabash easily
Reprimanding her gently
And professing my love tenderly
She showered me with a bucket of smiles
And made me feel fly
I was happy I had luck
Of finding my love
So I pledged to eternally feed her with bliss
And throw her into affluence to put her at ease
She collected her calabash
And suddenly became harsh
She left without a goodbye to me
Leaving me in inestimable misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment