Tuesday, June 26, 2012

OFFICER IN CHARGE


 





Black, smoky wool covered the sky
And darkness showered from up high
Blind birds lightened the street with mild music
Even the trees could not help but dance to it
The street was dark and deserted at this time
And a woman in black stood by watching for crime
Like a shadow, she stood stern with her black baton
She’d have to mellow, I thought, my mind ranting

“You!’’ I heard. She beckoned to me with authority
“What is it?’’  I thought, still holding my temerity
She approached me with her touch at my face
Uhh, I shielded my eyes from the rays
“Who are you?’’ the mellifluous voice sounded
“This must be a babe,’’ my silly mind pounded
Her light roamed around my golden chain and Gucci watch
It flashed on my timberland shoes, then went off

“I’m the officer in change. Who are you?” She asked again
Obstinacy was uncalled for, so I whispered my name
“Uhmm, sounds sexy,” she said, her teeth sparkling
I couldn’t see her face but knew she was smiling
Right then, a car appeared down the road
Its beam shone on her, and wow! She was gold
She was an enchanting emerald in the police cloth
A heart-stopping, beguilingly bewitching beauty to behold

The tension began to get visibly thick
The man in me had woken and acted widely sick
“I’m the officer in charge,’’ She repeated
I barely heard, my mind was too excited
Her touch and baton dropped, and forward, she moved
Carried away by my soul-smooching looks
I advanced also, my blood getting warm
The night was romantic, the birds gave us songs

Two hours later, she was cool and smartly dressed
I must let you know, I was very impressed
An officer in charge performing stunts?
Uhh! How could I have been this blunt?
“I’m still the officer in charge,” She said for the last time
“Yes you are,” I retorted, my hand on her back side
What a fulfilled duty she had that night
She got vigour and worked with all her might.

No comments:

Post a Comment